[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Jack Erwin jerwin at jabber.com
Tue Dec 2 21:02:38 UTC 2008

Dirk Meyer wrote:
> First of all, we need some sort of negative priority for bots. IMHO it
> maes no sense to send a message to a device that can not answer.
Blocking inbound messages with privacy lists can give you this behavior.

> My laptop receives the message and tries to notify me. After a user
> defined timeout the laptop sends the "Hey, I have pending messages
> here!" message to my mobile phone and the phones makes noise. When I
> look at the phone, the phones says "Give me the pending message" to my
> laptop.

As long as the client is getting modified the mobile phone client could
wait to notify you when the message has not been "mine'd" within some
configurable timeout.  This way, the clients would not have to be synced
up feature-wise.

Regards,
Jack