[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Jack Erwin jerwin at jabber.com
Tue Dec 2 21:21:36 UTC 2008

Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> Am 02.12.2008 um 22:02 schrieb Jack Erwin:
>
>> Blocking inbound messages with privacy lists can give you this behavior.
>

> Not a good idea, as they would be silently dropped and no error returned.

Fair enough.  This is not an issue with the current spec, though:

The receiving server MUST send a copy of the ownership request to each
of that user's non-negative priority resources.

It is only an issue if we replace priority altogether.  If we were to do
that, then I am sure that we could come up with a mechanism that is
better than negative priority for this.

Regards,
Jack