[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Wed Dec 3 10:20:12 UTC 2008

Dave Cridland wrote:
> But, as well as that, it also does this:
>
> <presence to='dwd at dave.cridland.net'>
> 	<!-- Usual current presence, as broadcast, but also private
> stuff:  -->
> 	<messages xmlns='urn:xmpp:tmp:messages'>
> 		<message from='that-stpeter-chap at jabber.org/thing' count='1'/>
> 	</messages>
> </presence>

If I'm in your roster, don't I get the presence update, too? And I would
think: Ah, he is chatting with Peter again. Not good for privacy. Maybe
I always wanted to know the JID of the Peter guy you so often chat with,
now I know it.

Dirk

--
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)