[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0166 (Jingle)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Dec 9 18:29:22 UTC 2008

Stephan Maka wrote:
> My concern with Jingle is its use of <iq/> stanzas: a
> caller/sender/initiator always has to known the full JID of the
> recipient. Is there any way to use <message/>s? The XEP doesn't mention
> it. This is what is problematic with the current file-transfer standard.

We recently discussed that topic in this thread:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jingle/2008-December/000284.html

BTW all the Last Call discussion for Jingle seems to be happening on the
jingle at xmpp.org list. I don't really mind that -- at least we're getting
lots of good feedback -- but folks on this list may want to subscribe to
the Jingle list if they're interested: