[Standards] inconsistency between section 7.2 - 10.2 in XEP-0136 ?

Paolo Nesti Poggi pnp at eaktion.com
Wed Dec 10 22:28:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

writing about XEP-0136.

I't  seems to me that there is an inconsistency between section 7.2
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#manage-retrieve

"To request a page of messages from a collection the client sends a
<retrieve/> element. The 'with' and 'start' attributes specify the
participating full JID and the start time (see XEP-0082). Both
attributes MUST be included to uniquely identify a collection."

That is, "the participating full JID" is stated here,

and section 10.2
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#impl-exactmatch
that is referred to by the previous section:

"When the 'exactmatch' attribute is set to "true" or "1" on an element
"example.com" matches that exact JID only rather than <*@example.com>,
<*@example.com>, or <example.com/*>"

where including the element <retrieve/> among those with wich the
exactmatch attribute can be used seems to imply that a collection can be
retrieved using only a part of the JID.

/Paolo