[Standards] Missing point in XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities ?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Dec 11 08:26:10 UTC 2008

On Thu Dec 11 01:00:44 2008, Jehan wrote:
> in the list of disco features (
> http://xmpp.org/registrar/disco-features.html ), are we supposed to
> have
> every proposed namespace? Because I don't find for instance
> "XEP-0168:
> Resource Application Priority" ('urn:xmpp:rap:0' and
> 'urn:xmpp:raproute:0') or "XEP-0048: Bookmarks"
> ('storage:bookmarks').
> And probably other are missing as well.

Only those intended to be discoverable should be listed there. Some
aren't, Bookmarks being one of them.

> They seem to be listed by alphabetical order, can I consider the
> alphabetical order if I need to sort the features for the generation
> method of the verification string in "XEP-0115: Entity
> Capabilities"?

I'm not sure what you mean here - XEP-0115 doesn't use alphabetical
ordering anyway, and is very clear on how things should be ordered.
This is just as well, because "alphabetical order" is not a constant.
(Try living in my area, where there are at least three alphabetical
orders in use.)

Hence we instead pick "i;octet", which avoids the entire issue, and
happens to look a bit like alphabetical ordering to Americans.

> Shouldn't this be changed in section 5.1, for points 2 and 4
> (sorting
> identities and features), rather than linking to the respective
> lists?
> This is a more generic and easy method...

Not sure what you mean here.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/