[Standards] Missing point in XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities ?

Jehan Jehan.3k926b at no-mx.jabberforum.org
Thu Dec 11 10:28:40 UTC 2008

Dave Cridland;5522 Wrote:

> Only those intended to be discoverable should be listed there. Some
> aren't, Bookmarks being one of them.

Hum... I would consider that it would be interesting to know if a
server can store my bookmarks. On the other side, if the server wants to
send notifications of an updated bookmark, I would think it is
interesting that it sends it only to significant clients, able to handle
the query.

> I'm not sure what you mean here - XEP-0115 doesn't use alphabetical
> ordering anyway, and is very clear on how things should be ordered.
> This is just as well, because "alphabetical order" is not a constant.
>
> (Try living in my area, where there are at least three alphabetical
> orders in use.)
>
> Hence we instead pick "i;octet", which avoids the entire issue, and
> happens to look a bit like alphabetical ordering to Americans.

Ok sorry! I missed this by reading too fast (though I read it again and
again).

> Not sure what you mean here.

Just forget the whole email. My fault...
Thanks again.

Jehan

--
Jehan