[Standards] XEP-50: Ad hoc command protocol is stateful

Artur Hefczyc artur.hefczyc at tigase.org
Fri Dec 12 10:33:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 12 Dec 2008, at 10:06, Remko Tronçon wrote:

>> I was implementing XEP-50 and was dumbfounded to find the protocol is
>> stateful.
>
> Can't you make it stateless by passing your state in non-final command

This is exactly what I do in the Tigase server for different ad-hoc
commands,
setting configuration, retrieving statistics and so on.
It works very well, at least it works well with Psi client.

I think Coccinella improved support for ad-hoc commands recently too.

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc
http://www.tigase.org/