[Standards] XEP-0255 (Location Query)

Helge Timenes helge at buddycloud.com
Fri Dec 12 15:52:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:15:30 -0500, Stephen Pendleton <stephenpendleton at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Some comments I have on 0255 during implementation:

> so the examples need to be changed. The schema looks right though.

Have updated the examples. Thanks for reporting. Also I have added the optional element <signalstrength> to the <beacon> element, which is something I just plain forgot about in the earlier versions (@Peter: will send you updated xml file)

> - Is Example 7 allowed in XMPP/pubsub? It looks like the component is
> publishing to the entities node. I suppose there is nothing wrong with
> that, I just haven't seen it before.

I was wondering the same thing when i wrote the draft. It is probably not the intended use of pubsub, but it does save a round trip of the location results. In buddycloud we have configured our location component such that our server (ejabberd) allows it to post on behalf of users (@Simon: correct me if I'm wrong or unclear on this)

Helge