[Standards] XMPP VPN?

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Sat Dec 13 09:42:32 UTC 2008

Am 13.12.2008 um 09:57 schrieb Dirk Meyer:

> I always like the something-over-XMPP idea. This includes HTTP, VNC,
> and
> VPN seems crazy but why not. But for everything like this we need more
> bandwidth. If can not use IBB for that. VPN over XMPP can use the
> existing ICE-UDP, but this against shows that we need good TCP support
> for XMPP.

Well, I would even call that idea less crazy than HTTP-over-XMPP or
VNC-over-XMPP, as this allows to have something like hamachi where you
just rightclick and select VPN. And if that's a standard, that would
work with more than just one client ;). So this might be once again
something where something proprietary (Hamachi) could be replaced by
something free using XMPP :).

--
Jonathan