[Standards] expiring XEPs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Dec 15 22:38:20 UTC 2008

The following Experimental specs have not been updated in 6+ months and
therefore are due to be changed to Deferred.

XEP-0209: Metacontacts

XEP-0165: Best Practices to Discourage JID Mimicking

XEP-0227: Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers

XEP-0208: Bootstrapping Implementation of Jingle

I plan to ask the Council to issue a Last Call on XEP-0165. I think
XEP-0208 is no longer needed so I plan to let it lapse. I can't speak
for the others, but I know that Kevin Smith promised to update XEP-0209
to reflect feedback received on the list.