[Standards] Using Jabber in a KDE game

Energy jobs Energy.jobs.3kijub at no-mx.jabberforum.org
Tue Dec 16 13:28:59 UTC 2008

New to this list, I'm the author of KsirK, a KDE strategy game.
Currently its
net game uses pure TCP/IP. One player start its game by setting a port
on
which to listen to and the others connect to this port. Then the
libkdegames/kgame library is used to communicate. This lib as all what
is
necessary to exchange messages including Qt objects. It also have a
chat
framework. KsirK is a multiplayer game with, currently, does not allow
passive
not playing participants.Jabber seems to be a largely better solution.
I want to have a very few centralized system, keeping one client as the
game server and using the communication framework only for that: a
communication tool. I'm also not interested in controling cheating,
basing the game in trust.

--
Energy jobs

'Energy Jobs' (http://www.global-energy.nl)