[Standards] all presences for self?

Stefan Reuter stefan.reuter at reucon.com
Tue Dec 23 08:20:14 UTC 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Tim Julien wrote:
>> Cool thanks - but will you be subscribed to future presence changes -
>> i.e., will you know when they sign off?  I suppose you could essentially
>> poll - with presence probes?
>
> No!!!
>
> http://xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3921bis-07.html#presence-broadcast-outbound
>
> "The user's server MUST also send the presence stanza to all of the
> user's available resources (including the resource that generated the
> presence notification in the first place)."

Is this also supposed to work with update to the presence of the
resource itself?
The background is that I have a server plugin that modifies the presence
of a session based on external events (phone calls in this case) and it
would be nice if I could send the client an update of its own presence.

=Stefan