[Standards] RFC 3921bis Managing Presence Subscriptions based on full JIDs serious issue

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Thu Feb 7 14:03:01 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-02-07, Cz o godzinie 14:45 +0100, Ralph Meijer pisze:
> If your particular use case desires that you can subscribe to the
> presence of two different things (and not two facets of the same
> thing),
> why not make two different bare JIDs for them? Why not have
> echo at chrome.pl, or webstatus at chrome.pl?

This is a valid argument and I see your point.
And in a post 1202050969.9019.33.camel at wing I expressed a reasoning
with the similar conclusion. I agree that presence should be based on
bare JIDs.

I still see a very good use case for having full JIDs on the roster:
to communicate with different facets of the same thing.
Ex. chrome.pl/echo and chrome.pl/broadcast
or +48123456789 at sms.chrome.pl/Gateway1
and +48123456789 at sms.chrome.pl/Gateway2

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna