[Standards] XEP-0225: Multiple Connections Per JID?

Daniel Henninger daniel.henninger at jivesoftware.com
Thu Feb 7 15:59:57 UTC 2008

The main problem with resources is that they're already being used for other things with components.  MUC uses them for nicknames for example.  So if for some hypothetical reason you had 3 external MUC implementations that needed to use the same JID and they had to bind with a resource, that would get confusing quick.  room at conference.example.org/instance1/mynickname ?  (I don't think that's a scenario that would come up, but hey.. just siting an example of where a component uses resources already)

Daniel