[Standards] XEP-0060 version 1.1pre1

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Feb 14 10:22:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 11:57 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Per recent list discussion, Ralph Meijer and I have provisionally
> adjusted XEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe) to cover the use case of
> disassociating a node from a collection.
> [..]

I see the attribute to refer to the node being dis/associated is still
called 'id', where I proposed 'node' for consistency with the rest of
the spec.

Furthermore, although you added <associate/> and <disassociate/> to the
schema definition of <collection>, the elements themselves don't have a
schema themselves.

The change for SHIM looks good to me, too. As I am looking into an HTTP
gateway to XMPP pubsub, I am wondering about the names of the headers
defined in this spec, though. They are very unlike other headers that
registered with the XMPP Registrar and headers used in other protocols
(HTTP, mail, news and MIME).

RFC 3864 establishes the IANA registry of header fields and includes
advice on header field naming. As most of the headers in the SHIM
registry just point to their equivalent use in other protocols, I am
wondering if we should follow suit and move our registry there, while
adjusting the pubsub header fields to comply.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm