[Standards] [jdev] Google Androïd SDK not XMPP compliant ?

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:47:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de> wrote:

>  see also my comments in the jdev thread, I think we should all hop one
>  one thread ;-)

yep ;)

>  http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/2008-February/026157.html
>
>  I have done lots of mobile programming and tests in the past. And it
>  really performs very well. ZLib does not need much CPU and the
>  compression ratio with XMPP XML is amazing.
>
>  When somebody wants to have this binary Xml, which I think is not a bad
>  idea, then plug it into XEP-0138.

agree, my point of view is just that binary xml is not the only issue
with mobile terminals, there is a wider set of problems to be
considered for optimizing the connection (some such as stanza
acknowledgments are already there, though I don't know how many
servers handle them, others such as limiting the initial roster and
presence burst aren't addressed well now)

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com