[Standards] mobile optimizations (was: Re: Google Andro ï d SDK not XMPP compliant ?)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:10:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

>  To my mind, the figures and graphs there suggest that improvements
>  over DEFLATE will be marginal at best for our kind of data.

That's my point as you can read in my other mail, benchmarks are too
sensitive to the nature of data. Before FOSDEM I can produce some
figures with real xmpp data using zlib and, I hope, with also some
binary xml. Anyway I can anticipate that with zlib the size of a whole
message stanza is often shorter or minimally longer than the
uncompressed body alone: do we really need better performance?

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com