[Standards] mobile optimizations (was: Re: Google Androïd SDK not XMPP compliant ?)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Feb 15 20:24:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> 3. Fast reconnect to avoid TLS+SASL+resource-binding packets.

I should note that my quickstart approach does not really avoid these
steps, but instead overlaps them. You'd still transfer the same number of
octets. However if you deploy all the pipelining opportunities possible
then you should be able to get the session up and running after just two
round trips, instead of nine without pipelining.

Tony.
FAIR ISLE FAEROES: SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6 OR 7, PERHAPS GALE 8 LATER.
MODERATE OR ROUGH. RAIN LATER. MODERATE OR GOOD.