[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Mon Feb 18 15:52:50 UTC 2008

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 pisze:
> Oh and nost users to not regularly change their lang when sending.
It depends on what you mean by "change their lang". I rarely (if ever)
change language when talking with someone, but I use different languages
for different people. Maybe it's not so obvious if you are a native
English speaker ;) So yes, I would rarely change the setting, but this
would be a per-contact setting, and I would have to set it every time I
start talking with someone new.

(from your other email)
 > There are ways to detect which lang is being used based on
 > the encoding
This doesn't really apply to XMPP, because there is only one encoding
(utf8). But yes, there are other methods to "guess" the language,
although they require quite smart algorithms.

Anyway, I was planning to add better language (xml:lang) support to Psi,
so maybe it's time to look at this again :)

--
Maciek
  xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net