[Standards] [devcon] abuse reporting

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Feb 27 08:54:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Feb 25, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On day 1 of the DevCon we talked about abuse reporting. Last week I
> wrote a small spec about it:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/error-abuse.html

I did a quick read, and I like what I saw so far. I need to read it
again though.

One thing  would like to see in the implementation notes is a
recomendation for server authors to allow for forwarding of this
reports to a JID or set of JIDs

This would allow for ad-hoc aggregation of abuse reports by a third
party to cross reference them.

> We may want to change that so it's similar to XEP-0161, or even merge
> the two (isn't spim a subset of abuse?):

The first time I saw example 1 above, I though "hmms.. we might need
a reason here...".

So if we add a <reason> to the <abuse> stanza, we could merge 161
with this.

> Feedback is welcome -- it's probably best to post to the
> standards at xmpp.org list, not here.

Changed the destination address.

Best regards,
--