[Standards] IBB (was Re: DevCon report)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:41:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>  - IBB is the only transport method guaranteed to work
>   - we've already punched a hole in the firewall via XMPP!
>   - make this MTI but lowest-priority fallback

We also suggested to introduce a mechanism for allowing rate control
in order to privilege messaging traffic:
- throttling the c2s connection delays also chat messages (and the
delay can be very high since TCP buffers are large)
- to the serve should be able to send a <rate max="n"/> within message
to the client asking to decrease rate to max n message per second; in
this way the client can sort outgoing messages per priority and send
in advance urgent chat messages
- the TCP socket is throttled only if the client doesn't comply

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com