[Standards] Service discovery for clients

JabberForum list-standards at jabberforum.org
Thu Jul 3 09:09:24 UTC 2008

Hello,

with my first thinking about this subject, and your answers, I wrote
some proposition here:
http://tinyurl.com/6rub5j

I hope this is clear. It uses mostly XEP-0030, XEP-0115 and XEP-0168
and I propose two main parts:

1/ redefining the priority for being a priority only for the standard
namespace (jabber:client), hence for presence and IM features only. It
is set by 0 by default and IM can be disabled with a negative priority.

Each other feature of an extended namespace will have its own separated
priority settable with the XEP-0168. Each declared functionnality will
have a default RAP prioriy of 0, and can be disabled by a negative
priority.

2/ Recommending good behaviour of an entity which should send its
capabilities to all other entities subscribed to its presence and good
behaviour of an entity knowing another entity's capabilities and
processing stanzas destined to this other entity, according to this
knowledge.

What do you think of it?

Jehan

--