[Standards] [Fwd: SASL to draft questionnaire]

Gaston Dombiak gato at jivesoftware.com
Wed Jul 30 22:28:53 UTC 2008

Hey Peter,

Openfire uses the SASL support provided by Java. That means that SASL PLAIN,
DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI, etc. are provided by Java. The only SASL mechanisms that
we manually implemented on the server are SASL ANONYMOUS and SASL EXTERNAL.

On the Smack side I recall implementing SASL PLAIN but we might now be using
the one provied by Java.

Regards,

  -- Gato