[Standards] XEP-0060 presence_based_delivery

Emil Hesslow hesslow at spotify.com
Thu Jul 31 13:10:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm writing my own pubsub component and what I want to do is just to
push messages to people that are online.

And when I look in XEP-0060 I found that there is a property called
presence_based_delivery but I can't understand how it suppose to work.

Right now I have to tell all subscribers that they either send a
presence message to my pubsub component to tell that they are online or
they have to allow a presences subscription that my component sends.

But I can't find any way in the protocol to tell users that they need to
do that. If a subscriber want he can subscribe to a node but because he
don't tell the pubsub component that he is online he will never get any
event messages.

What is the recommended way to do this?

/ Emil