[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Mateusz Biliński mateusz.bilinski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:45:03 UTC 2008

2008/3/3 Joonas Govenius <joonas.govenius at gmail.com>:
[cut!]
> > Shared XML Editing (This is by far the most recent approach - this is
>  > going to a fundamental standard for all applications of shared XML
>  > editing. This is the one that team is currently working on.):
>  > http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxe.html
>  >
>  >
>  It's the most recent approach and Psi currently implements this version
>  almost exactly except for the negotiation part, which doesn't yet use
>  Jingle.
>
>  It _could_ serve as the fundamental protocol for all applications that
>  need to share an XML document. However, so far the Council hasn't
>  accepted any of the proto-XEPs so who knows what _will_ happen...

This is what I'm mostly worried about that because whiteboarding
standard is in this phase the project of implementation in Gajim will
not get XSF approval for GSoC2008. Project itself is pretty valuable
for end-users but I don't really know whether this would be
sufficient.

Thanks for comments on current state of documentation and implementation in Psi.

[cut!]
>  I suppose these last questions are a little off topic for the list but
>  I'm very curious about the answers myself. In fact, I'd like to work on
>  this stuff again for GSoC but I have a feeling the Council will want to
>  give the chance to someone new (like you!)...

I've just thought I ask them here because these are strongly connected
to standardization of whiteboarding in XMPP. Do you think that I
should post these somewhere else? Maybe end user list?

--
Regards -- Mateusz Biliński