[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:51:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Joonas Govenius
<joonas.govenius at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If the extra bandwidth really is such a problem we could define an
>  implicit way of creating the objects out of a chunk of XML as I've
>  mentioned but it doesn't seem worthwhile to me at this point.

In whiteboarding, where we usually start with and empty xml document,
there aren't problems I think. However there are also other
application fields, such as distributing, monitoring and update of
remote configuration files, where we start from non empty documents
and sometimes we need to change significant parts of them. In this
case the overhead could be high and costing, especially if we are
controlling remote nodes with mobiles connections.

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com