[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Roster Versioning

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Mar 6 17:39:54 UTC 2008

On Thu Mar  6 17:25:18 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
>
> > Then it doesn't get versioning. (BTW, I hate that name - there
> are no
> > versions kept. It's not like a client can ask for a previous
> version,
> > and nor does a server need to keep any previous versions).
>
> I'm not wedded to that name. Feel free to suggest another. Roster
> diffs?

No, you don't (really) get diffs, either. It's easy to think that a
diff is generated between two versions, which isn't really happening.
(Thankfully - it'd be much harder to implement if it were the case).

Roster change sequencing, which uses a roster change sequence, and
associates each change with a roster change sequence value?

Or roster sequencing, etc, for a shorter term. s/version/roster-seq/
throughout?

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/