[Standards] EXI as an XMPP stream compression method

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 10 16:49:51 UTC 2008

At its meeting last week [1], the XMPP Council declined [2] to publish
the proposal [3] regarding use of Efficient XML Interchange [4] as an
XMPP stream compression method conforming to XEP-0138 [5]. The reason is
that we're not yet sure if EXI is even workable as a stream compression
method. We will seek input from one or more EXI experts regarding this
matter before moving forward with publication. To initiate that process,
I will send a message to the <public-exi at w3.org> discussion list (you
can subscribe via <mailto:public-exi-subscribe at w3.org>).

Peter

[1] http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2008-March/002301.html