[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Boyd Fletcher boyd.fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Mar 10 19:30:19 UTC 2008

Due to what seems to me an ever increasing amount of issues and complexity
in SXDE, I think we should move ahead on a whiteboard specification without
SXDE.

We are affecting the potential growth and interoperability of XMPP by not
specifying a whiteboard standard. There are already multiple incompatible
XMPP whiteboarding standards and several more a rumored to be in the works.

We have spent the last 2.5 years discussing this with very little, at the
greater community level, to show for it.

boyd