[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Roster Versioning
hildjj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:17:53 UTC 2008
In section 2.4, would it be easier to implement in existing clients if:
- The response to the iq/get with version 0 was a full roster, in the
existing format, with the addition of the current version number
- The response to iq/get could always be a full roster, if the server
got confused in any way, or know that it would be more efficient to
just start from scratch
- If the roster has been completely deleted, the response would be
empty, but have version 0
- The response to iq/get would otherwise be empty, except for the new
- All changes would be sent to the client as roster pushes after the
iq/response, ordered such that the last one had the current version
Then, all I have to do is store my current roster, and apply diffs to
it in exactly one way.
On Mar 4, 2008, at 2:54 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
> Title: Roster Versioning
> Abstract: This specification proposes a modification to the XMPP
> roster management protocol to support versioning of rosters for more
> efficient downloading of the rost er information.
> URL: http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/roster-versioning.html
> The XMPP Council will decide at its next meeting whether to accept
> this proposal as an official XEP.
More information about the Standards