[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Roster Versioning

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:17:53 UTC 2008

In section 2.4, would it be easier to implement in existing clients if:

- The response to the iq/get with version 0 was a full roster, in the
existing format, with the addition of the current version number
- The response to iq/get could always be a full roster, if the server
got confused in any way, or know that it would be more efficient to
just start from scratch
- If the roster has been completely deleted, the response would be
empty, but have version 0
- The response to iq/get would otherwise be empty, except for the new
version number
- All changes would be sent to the client as roster pushes after the
iq/response, ordered such that the last one had the current version
number

Then, all I have to do is store my current roster, and apply diffs to
it in exactly one way.

--
Joe Hildebrand