[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Mar 10 21:09:31 UTC 2008

if no images, usually 10-50 SVG objects per page with 5-10 pages per chat
session.

with images,  its usually less since the images are typically slides from
Powerpoint/OOo so the markup is usually to emphasize a point.

so you really need to types of history:

1) give me all the changes in order since epoch of the whiteboard (true
history but as you indicated could be very expensive)
2) give me the current state only (default)

btw, we use IBB for distributing images in the whiteboard and we wrote a
custom IBB module for openfire as part of the whiteboard pluign to handle
the image distro. basically the client sends the images to server and the
server handles the distro with all the other clients.

boyd