[Standards] Whiteboard XEP, Gajim and GSoC2008

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 10 21:27:06 UTC 2008

On Mon Mar 10 21:17:16 2008, Boyd Fletcher wrote:
> its the later (2) since we don¹t really cover in the spec how to
> render the
> whiteboard other than specifying the SVG compliance version.
> However in SVG
> they (1 & 2) are essentially the same thing.

Ah, okay. Only one way to skin a cat is always good.

> since there will always be interpretation issues with
> specifications the
> only way to verify the other clients are working correctly would be
> develop a set of test whiteboards and make someone the reference
> implementation for comparison.

Heh. Define by example taken to extremes.

No, I think we don't need to worry about rendering, so that basically
leaves getting the XML document across the wire.

So, to repeat PSA's question, how big do these whiteboard documents
get?

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/