[Standards] Originator & Receiver Concept

Downing, Thomas Thomas.Downing at ipc.com
Fri Mar 14 11:49:02 UTC 2008

As an alternative to SASL, you can get the ip address
of the peer using getpeername( ), and then the domain
name of that address using gethostbyaddr( ).

Note that the domain name may not be the hostname of
the peer, especially if NAT is in line.  So if you
really need the hostname itself, you would need to
look at the certificate received via SASL.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.