[Standards] <gone/> and <redirect/>

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Mar 14 20:20:11 UTC 2008

I think we might want to specify that the <gone/> and <redirect/>
conditions can include a URI, not a JID. Here's why:

1. We might want to specify that the best address at which to reach the
person is mailto: URL (for messaging) or sip:/tel: URI (for voice).

2. If a pubsub node moves, we can't include the node in the JID but we
can include the node in an XMPP URI, such as:

   xmpp:pubsub.shakespeare.lit?;node=some-other-node

I seem to recall that I had other reasons, but I can't remember them
right now. :)

https://stpeter.im/