[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Roster Versioning

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 17 16:00:23 UTC 2008

On Mon Mar 17 15:22:28 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Pedro Melo wrote:
> > Lets not abuse the meaning of <message> just because we like their
> > network properties, like we abused <presence> in the past because
> it
> > broadcasts well.
>
> +1.

Absolutely. So I'm looking forward to seeing the update to XEP-0060
which changes PubSub pushes from being <message/> to <iq/>, in (for
example) section 7.1.2.1.

Or, alternately, could someone explain to me why the use of
<message/> stanzas for the 7.1.2.1 case is not "abuse", whereas would
be. Looks to me like they're the same use-case.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/