[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Stanza Repeaters

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 17 18:46:19 UTC 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: Stanza Repeaters
>>
>> Abstract: This specification defines an XMPP extension that enables
>> optimization of interdomain traffic that is intended for delivery to
>> multiple recipients, using the concept of a stanza repeater.

> This is the spec that emerged from discussions about how to fix XEP-0033
> (or not). Feedback is welcome. :)

I chatted about this with Ralph Meijer via IM. He pointed out that a
repeater is (conceptually) a minimal pubsub node that doesn't allow you
to subscribe and that sends out stanzas on the other end, not pubsub
notification messages. He wasn't necessarily suggesting that we define
repeaters as pubsub nodes, just pointing out the strong similarities.

https://stpeter.im/