[Standards] Stanza Multicast Repeaters

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Sat Mar 22 09:01:22 UTC 2008

Hello

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:40:08PM +0100, Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> We have thus delegated stanza delivery as follows:
>
>     .net -> .com -> .int -> .org

I'm strictly against this kind of relying. I must trust my server and
the recipient's server. But I do not have to trust any other server and
let it know I'm sending something to some other server, even if I sent
the same think to someone on this server too.

> This is just a protocol framework. Several issues need to be addressed,
> to actually deploy true Multicasting by use of repeater chains:

• How to make sure there are no cycles.

--
All flame and insults will go to /dev/null (if they fit)

Michal 'vorner' Vaner