[Standards] alternate SRV records?

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Mon Mar 24 18:09:58 UTC 2008

Pedro Melo schrieb:
> XMPP requires TLS. If you don't want to use TLS, you are using Jabber,
> not XMPP. And then you should look for

I don't agree here. You should use TLS whenever possible, but its not
required.
Many XMPP software for embedded and mobile devices does not support TLS
because its not available in the programming language or framework they
are based on. agsXMPP also does not support TLS or SSL for PPC and
Smartphones because there is still no SSL layer in the .NET compact
framework. I am currently evaluating  other options for TLS, but this is
offtopic or this discussion.

Alex