[Standards] XEP-0235: data forms?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Sat Mar 29 18:59:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mar 29, 2008, at 2:52 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Pedro Melo poked me via IM about XEP-0235 (Authorization Tokens),
> specifically to ask me why the protocol uses data forms. I didn't
> have a
> good answer. Since he challenged me about it, I've realized that using
> data forms here doesn't especially make sense, so I may change that in
> the next version of the spec.

I have nothing very strong against Data Forms. My point was that, for
clients that use XPath to parse the known parts of the stanza (and
transparently ignore anything that the client does not support), data
forms are a bit messy :) and a nice semantic XML is much easier to
parse.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo