[Standards] Reply stream in Bosh

Karsten Becker jabber at karsten-becker.de
Sat Mar 29 23:11:35 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am currently implementing a J2ME Bosh client and I did not see this
specified. Assume non pipelined mode.
Assume I have a pending request and my local client wants to send a
message. It opens a new request and sends the message. What happens to
the reply?
Should the reply come back on the pending request or the new request?
I think that it would make sense if the newly created request does not
become a response. This way it could be a fire and forget thing.
Otherwise the client will be waiting on the old stream for a response
when there will be none.

Karsten