[Standards] Labeling Roster Items

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Mon Mar 31 03:13:14 UTC 2008

On Sunday 30 March 2008 7:34 pm, anders conbere wrote:
> However in XMPP our roster grouping are still relegated to binning or
> boxing (an item in a group exists in one and only one group).

Actually, in XMPP a contact may be in multiple groups.  In fact, the grouping
is more like "tagging" than any sort of binning, since there is no group
hierarchy stored in the roster (a group cannot exist without a contact in it,
much like a "tag" can often not exist without at least one thing tagged).

-Justin