[Standards] XEP-0060 + "Atom over XMPP" as base for Open Twitter?

jehan jehan at zemarmot.net
Mon May 5 15:21:08 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am not sure what is twitter. Apparently looking on Wikipedia, this is some
kind of social networking which sends update on the Twitter's website to
tell others "what you are doing"?..

Anyway I am writing a Wordpress plugin which notifies a XMPP pubsub node (so
XMPP + XEP-0060 + "Atom over XMPP"). I already spoke about this on this
list. And what I know is that someone told as a comment in my Wordpress
diary that my plugin could be used as a decentralized twitter, though at
this time I did not really take the time to see what Twitter is... So when I
read this email, I thought back to this comment...

Anyway if you are interested, here is the Wordpress plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jabber-feed/

I will soon release a better version than the current stable one, with
better node organization, and autodiscovery link + links to subscribe to
comments of a specific post + possibility also to follow pages, etc.

Unfortunately this is not really useable because there is currently no real
Jabber client with a good pubsub support...
Bye!

Jehan