[Standards] XEP-0060 + "Atom over XMPP" as base for Open Twitter?

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon May 5 15:39:02 UTC 2008

> list. And what I know is that someone told as a comment in my Wordpress
> diary that my plugin could be used as a decentralized twitter

Sure, but as far as I can tell, you could do that already: if everyone
posted its micro-blogs on his blog, and you would use an RSS reader to
subscribe to these blogs, then you would have twitter using blogs.
Using PubSub instead of RSS doesn't change anything for the user
AFAICT, it's just a different way of publishing stuff.

The difference between blogging and microblogging (e.g. Twitter) is
that the size of micro-blogs is much smaller than that of blogs, and
the quantity much higher. You want to keep blogs (e.g. wordpress) and
microblogs (e.g. twitter) separated for that.

cheers,
Remko