[Standards] CAPTCHAs in registration forms

Gaston Dombiak gato at jivesoftware.com
Tue May 6 22:33:58 UTC 2008

Hey Peter,

XEP-4 defines a few field types. I think that we should create a new field type for media objects so that clients could render it appropriately.

I like the media element that you included in the data form. I think that servers may choose to include the image itself in the form field or provide a URI to get it.

I think I would expect the completed form to include a reply to the media field. In this case it would include the CAPTCHA value. Another choice, would be to just use the media field as a read-only field and then have another text field where the user could enter his CAPTCHA value.

Am I missing something here?

Regards,

  -- Gato