[Standards] stream restarts

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Wed May 7 07:48:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de> wrote:

>  * this saves us some round trips
yep

>  * gets us closer to "real xml"
yep

>  * makes the specs much cleaner because on some stream features we restart
> the stream (tls, sasl, compression), with otehrs we don't (bind, session).

Though the different behavior had  a sense: restarting when you change
something living behind the parser is a safe way for dealing with
transports that can't simply "upgrade" to the new feature, but you
have to change the transport itself. However I think that now
restarting has little utility, since it is possible to find a way for
upgrading transports even in j2me...

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com