[Standards] stream restarts

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed May 7 16:19:44 UTC 2008

On Wed May  7 15:58:40 2008, Stephen Pendleton wrote:
> Will you explain why you think this?

(I won't ask how you managed to mangle Justin's message like that).

Assuming I grasped Justin's point correctly:

His example is:

<stream:stream>
<starttls/>
[TLS handshake]
<message/>
</stream:stream>

But that ignores the fact that prior to the TLS handshake, there is
one stack, and after, a different one - so taking the binary data
stream which contains the opening <stream:stream> won't actually give
you a complete XML document.

Whereas currently, if you take all the XML data from the final
restart onward, you get a complete, legal, XML document.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/