[Standards] XEP-0060 + "Atom over XMPP" as base for Open Twitter?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu May 8 09:43:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

On May 7, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> On 05/05/2008 2:07 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> On 05/05/2008 8:34 AM, Bob Wyman wrote:
>>> In case you haven't seen it, consider reading Michael Arrington's
>>> TechCrunch
>>> post calling for a decentralized Twitter.
>>> (http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/05/twitter-can-be-liberated-
>>> heres-how/)
>>> As noted by many of the commenters, and as should be obvious to
>>> anyone in
>>> the Jabber community, the solution they are looking for is
>>> probably XMPP +
>>> XEP-0060 + "Atom over XMPP".
>>
>> +1. Just had a chat with Joe Hildebrand about that. I'll start
>> working
>> on a spec about it tonight. Should be pretty straightforward.
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/microblogging.html

First notes:

in example 3, the XML is broken. See the ref attributes in the
<thr:in-reply-to> tags.

Regarding section 3, isn't this hardcoding a translation to be done
in the pubsub service? Shouldn't we have some way to specify which
element of the item should be used in the body?  I think hard-coding
this kind of stuff leads to insanity... Maybe a attribute in a
specific namespace added to the <title> tag?

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org