[Standards] stream restarts

Stephen Pendleton stephenpendleton at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 15:10:27 UTC 2008

I'm not sure what architecture you are using, but aren't you doing something like:

- read socket (TLS is handled at the socket layer)
- unwrap sasl if sasl has been negotiated
- uncompress if XEP-0138 compression has been negotiated
- present ascii XML to XML parser
I also don't see why you can't just keep doing what you are doing now (throwing out the parser). The only thing that is changing is the removal of the <stream:stream> stanzas. You can still throw away (or reset) the parser at the right moments.