[Standards] XEP-136 and XEP-59 implementation comments: threading

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Fri May 9 13:59:16 UTC 2008

Hello Peter,

>> Ok, but "parent" linking for collections still needs to be added to
>> XEP-136 if you agree with the approach we've discussed.
>
> I think it's too early to specify that in XEP-0136, because the "parent"
> stuff is just a suggestion in XEP-0201. But if XEP-0201 moves forward
> then we can add it to XEP-0136.

Ok, that sounds logical - currently it's more or less "advanced" thing
anyway, "thread" element is not used in some of the major Jabber
clients till now even without "parent" link ...

> Alexander, does XEP-0136 incorporate all your other feedback?

Yes, it seems so. The issues left, as far as I remember, are either
for other XEPs or broader than just XEP-136:

1) JIDs matching: the conclusion seemd to be to use 'exactMatch'
attribute (?), but as you've pointed out this is the problem not only
for XEP-136.

2) 'changed' element in RSM responses: was agreed to be not critically
important right now, and belongs to XEP-59 anyway.

Good luck!                                     Alexander